Friday, October 11, 2013

Yearning Devotion By: Rachael Orman ****


  This book was definitely different than any other book I’ve read. It’s one of those books that you just don’t know if people are going to love or hate. But I have to say that I really enjoyed it. The prologue is what gets you. It leaves your heart pounding and you want to keep reading just so you know more of what is happening.

  Gwen is a very strong and courageous woman. Not many women could have survived what she went through and still be trying to make her life better. She has so many walls up except for when it comes to McKayla. McKayla is a sweet and caring girl. She is a wonderful friend to Gwen and they have both been through a lot of pain. So they help one another to heal and end up in love. You definitely don’t choose who you fall in love with, so I was just happy that they found each other and could help one another through the turmoil that they both endured. My heart broke a lot for both girls because of what happened to them.

“Trust me, I’m the worst about expressing what I feel with the right words. I always seem to screw it up, but I want to try for you. I want to try to be a better person than I have been in the past because I want you to be proud to say that you are with me. I want to be worthy of everything you have to give. I know that I’m not but I want to try.” (Gwen to Cole)


  Then comes along the most wonderful man, Cole. He is sweet and gentle with Gwen. He breaks all of her walls and she is intrigued by him. She develops feelings for him. Along with his gentleness he is one of the most passionate men ever. That is until you find out that he is married. I seriously never wanted to smack a man so hard when it got to this part of the book. I was so mad at him.

“I’ve wanted to do that all night.” He said looking deeply into her eyes.  A smile in his eyes.  “I still remember the first time I kissed you just like that, you know. I had no idea how much you would come to mean to me back then but I knew that you were someone special that I had to get to know better. You are so beautiful even through all the horrors life has thrown at you. Not just your face and body, although those are amazing, but your soul. You are still so caring and loving after everything and everyone was so hard on you. You really are a little miracle.” (Cole)

I was so glad when things finally started to fall together for the girls. Gwen deserved good things and when they started happening I couldn’t have been happier for her. She sure did have a lot of drama going on; it was never a dull moment. A year passes and things fall in place that is until she runs into Cole again. I was beyond relieved to find out that everything that happened was such a big misunderstanding because I couldn’t help but love him.

 “Even without this. I really do like the idea that I will get to see you every day even though you bring out a different side of me that I’m not used to dealing with. You make me a different man. I’ve never cared to make someone happy. I’ve never felt this squeezing in my chest when I think I’ve upset someone like I get with you. When you smile at me or because of something I’ve done, it makes my entire day better.” (Cole)

“I said nothing about moving on. I think you are the ultimate challenge. You are the challenge of a life time. I don’t think I’ve ever met a woman like you. You are incredibly headstrong, stubborn and hard to understand while being more beautiful, passionate, intelligent and tender than any woman I have ever met. Trust me, I have met many women and you are the only one that has ever captured me from the first moment you tripped over your won feet.” (Cole)

  The ending just threw me for a loop; I was left shocked and just staring at the screen because there wasn’t any more to read. I can’t wait for the second book so I can find out what happens. The beginning and the ending will both leave you wanting more.

*Arc received by author for an honest review 

No comments:

Post a Comment