Friday, August 15, 2014

~Author Spotlight~ Jake Furie Lapin


Jake Furie Lapin is a writer, entrepreneur, wine drinker and coffee addict based in New Jersey. Jake's writings aim to explore sexuality and sensuality, including the BDSM lifestyle, through the beauty of the written word. He is currently working on his first novel, The Spice of Life, which chronicles the many adventures of Jake Furie Lapin, a loving Dom, as well as Kelli Lemberg, his sex therapist. Jake encourages all of his readers and fans to explore this website and check out his blog @ www.tsolbook.com. Let him know your thoughts through your comments and feedback.




1. What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?


Being a new Indy author, and NO book out yet, I've been criticized about the quality of my work or even questioned on whether I am an author or not. I tell them, base it on my blogs, and that has lead to my biggest compliment.

 2. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?

The book is heavily blogged, and my blogs are very real life stories. The only exception is BDSM Lesson and Vegas, which is a collection of truths, blended into one story. All the blogs and the book itself have been fictionalized to protect me, and of course I added amazing sex elements.

 3. Can you tell us about your upcoming releases? If you have any.

Should be within 2 weeks, available as a pre-order on both Amazon and Smashwords. Editing and copyrighting delay.

 4. What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I socialize with friends at cafe's and poker clubs. I play poker, read NON-fiction, watch history channel, coach youth baseball 

5. You have multiple personalities, describe some of them

Gentlemen in public, master freak in the bedroom. I'm very unassuming in public, fly under the radar, like to lead a simple but fun life. I am a romantic, but I also have a huge naughty side.

 6. What made you decide to write your first book?

I was pained in a serious relationship, and I'm finding that pain drives me to write. The end of the scheduled book 3 relationship, drove me to write the prelude, the CAB symbolism, and start writing my story. 

7. Do you have any strange writing habits?

I record almost all my scenes, with my eyes closed and visualize the whole event.

 8. If you could cast your characters in a Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play what characters?

I would play Jake, since it's my story. I'm very bad with names, but Kelli, which is the 2nd main character in a dual plot book could be played by Nicole Kidman, her bff, Nina could be played by Jennifer Aniston, and Paul, Kelli's husband Charlie Sheen


9. Who are the authors that inspire you? 

Anne RIce. Interview with the Vampire. Book is structured in the same way, Kelli interviewing Jake. 


10. Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?

Be true to yourself, and give everyone a chance.




Pre-Order




Jake's FB Page:

Jake's Chronicles FB Page:

Jake's Chronicles Amazon Link:

Goodreads:

Instagram:

Twitter:

Google+:

Pinterest:

Tumblr:








No comments:

Post a Comment