Friday, August 1, 2014

~Author Spotlight~ G.G. Carver



Born in the heart of England to two devoted parents he enjoyed a happy, loving childhood. Not long after completing his further education he set off on a worldwide adventure visiting various places around the globe, but it was New Zealand that stole his heart. It was here that he discovered his creative side with amateur dramatics, and he made several brief appearances in national soap operas.
After 5 years he returned to England and discovered his passion for writing. He wrote several unpublished children's books, but had a vision for a book that would take him on an exciting journey.
He also lives with his close companion Carver Jnr his cuddly pup that features in many of his humorous Facebook updates. He enjoys keeping fit, long walks in the fresh air and spending time with close family and friends.


1. What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?I've been very lucky so far, and haven't received any harsh criticism from readers, but I'm bracing myself for it! I try to remember that you can't please everyone.
The best compliment? I can't pick a particular one out. People have been so generous with their reviews. The fact that someone has spent their hard-earned cash, and precious time on me, is compliment enough.


2. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
There are certain scenes in the book that are based on real-life experiences.
I really can't say which ones! A gentleman never tells!



3. Can you tell us about your upcoming releases? If you have any.
I'm currently writing my next book, its called Lucky Numbers. It's set in the UK, and that's all I'm giving away at the moment!

4. What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I try to keep myself fit by lifting weights a few times a week, and maybe go for a ride on my mountain bike once in a while.
As a little boy my dad introduced me to the cinema, I was hooked. And to this day, I love nothing more than watching a movie on the big screen with my dad.


5. You have multiple personalities, describe some of them
Can I list only the good ones!
I'm loyal, friendly, honest, I detest bad manners. I'm intuitive to other peoples feelings, observant.
Protective, sensitive and nobodies fool. If you get on the wrong side of me, all of the above will be wiped out in a second. And the last one, self doubting.


6. What made you decide to write your first book?
I had the basic beginnings of a story floating around in my head for quite a while, and it wouldn't go away. One night I decided to write a few words down, and I was hooked, it became my obsession.


7. Do you have any strange writing habits?
I prefer to write at night, and if it's raining, even better! I don't have any lights on, just one or two candles. I also listen to music while I write. Not very strange!


8. If you could cast your characters in a Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play what characters?
Probably a younger Hugh Jackman for Conrad, and Kristina Hendricks for Elena.

9. Who are the authors that inspire you?
I love Charles Dickens, his characters are wonderful. Reading a Dickens book is like watching an old black and white movie. He was a master of his time and will be remembered forever.

10. Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and praise, it fuels me to want to write funny, emotional, sexy stories. You make me smile, and I'm amazed at how loyal and supportive you are.
And for that I am truly thankful. Amen!



Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Whiter-than-White-erotic-romance-ebook/dp/B00JYNUZHM/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1406755739


Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Whiter-than-White-G-G-Carver/dp/1499620896/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406755746&sr=8-1&keywords=whiter+than+white



Facebook
www.facebook.com/ggcarver


Twitter
@ggcarver


No comments:

Post a Comment