Thursday, August 7, 2014

~Author Spotlight~ DJ Larkin





DJ Larkin lives in New England where he writes in his spare time and hopes that Elon Musk will read his book and give him a free Tesla Model S. He's married with two children. He is currently finishing up the final book of the Vacant Heart Series.



1. What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
I think the toughest was someone who mentioned that they didn't connect with the story. Honestly, I haven't gotten and really negative reviews yet (although I'm sure they are coming, it's nearly inevitable if enough people read it). As for the best compliment, I can't single out any one in particular, but whenever I hear someone say that they loved my story, it's a good feeling.

2. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
It's complete fiction. Although I kinda wish I were Alexander. Young, hot, and rich with cool cars.

3.  Can you tell us about your upcoming releases? If you have any. 
I have two. Healing Hearts (the third book in my Vacant Hearts Trilogy) will be out this Fall and soon after that another one will be out. (The title will be released at the back of Healing Hearts)

4. What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I'm a martial artist and I also like to do photography.

5. You have multiple personalities, describe some of them
Romantic - I do write Romance stories after all
Cerebral - I love history
Cold - I can compartmentalize everything and see it without emotion


6. What made you decide to write your first book?
I wrote it as a love letter to my wife after she started reading a lot of erotic Romance books like Fifty Shades of Grey. I think it all started when she asked me why I loved her and it became the Vacant Hearts series

7. Do you have any strange writing habits?
I've been known to write or edit on my iPhone with a Bluetooth keyboard. I also usually write in bed.

8. If you could cast your characters in a Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play what characters?
That is a question that I would love to really have to answer. But in my dreams Alexander would be played by Henry Cavill (because my wife loves him) Sapphira would be played by Emma Watson (even though she's not a red head)

9. Who are the authors that inspire you? 
Stephen King and JK Rowling are the two main ones. Another one I just love but who is not an author is Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes)

10. Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?


For those who have read my story, thank you so much for your support. I hope to one day be able to do this for a living and continue to give you stories that you will (I hope) love.


Vacant Hearts - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IX1IK28
Confessing Hearts - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KP3JFJ4







Twitter:  @djlarkinauthor


No comments:

Post a Comment