Thursday, September 10, 2015

Mr. Wright Forever by Alannah Carbonneau *Randi's Review*



He was supposed to be the man I loved – forever. 

He shot that fantasy to Hell. He broke my heart and shattered my soul. 

I was moving on – or it looked that way to those on the outside looking in. I’d moved to Chicago and landed myself a killer job. I was making friends and then out of the blue he was there – and all over again I felt myself falling. This time, it wasn’t an easy fall. I fought it hard. 

But one night with Kade Wright can never be one simple night. I should have known. I’ve been here before. 

From the very beginning, Mr. Wright Now was always Mr. Wright Forever. 

***This book will end in a Happily Ever After with NO cliffhanger. It is the final book in the Wild Card Series concluding Nelena's and Kade's journey.***


*****
When Mr. Wright Now, the first book in this two part series, ended it left me wanting to know what was going to happen next. Much like with every other book by this very talented author, I didn't want to have to wait to read more.

So it was with great pleasure that I accepted the chance to read book 2, Mr. Wright Forever.
….……….

This book seemed a little slower paced to me, but not in a bad way. It was more of a “Come on guys, let's get this show on the road because I don't want to put this book down.” kind of way.

Lena is the kind of character that you can't help but root for. Her strength, as we found out in book 1, is astounding, and that's proven once again in this book when she accepts a new job and moves to a new city, ready to start over once again.

But when Kade comes back into her life, her strength is tested.

He broke her heart (after helping to put it back together in the first place) and she once again has to figure out how he's supposed to fit into her life.

Kade, for his part, is a great man. He's a loving son, and we get to explore his relationship with his mother; another character that is fantastic to read.

Like the first book, this story is so well written, and the secondary characters are just as compelling to read about as the main characters.





No comments:

Post a Comment