Monday, September 7, 2015

Kiss Me by Lisa Olsen *Randi's Review*


"I could rely on Bishop, I felt it in every fiber of my being. Only... I'd been wrong before." Anja's no longer the geeky newbie who couldn't bite her way out of a paper bag. Since becoming Elder of the West, Anja stood up for what she believes in and found her place in vampire society. But can she remember what it's like to be a normal girl and go on a date? More than anything, Anja wants to start over with Bishop and recapture what they lost, but can she trust him not to make the same mistakes that broke her heart? And hearts and flowers aside, what happens when an enemy resurfaces to take revenge against all that Anja holds dear? Will the past rob Anja of her future?



*****

Anja Evans can handle anything you throw at her, so trying to navigate first dates with an old flame while someone or someTHING is trying to kill her (and the people she loves most)...well that's just another Tuesday for her.

Kiss Me When The Sun Goes Down is book #10 in the Forged Bloodlines series and one of my favorites. Picking up shortly after the last one left off, it's
nice to see Bishop back and nervous about planning a date; their first despite their previous relationship; for Anja.

It's almost like the old gang is back together again. With more focus on Bishop and Mason and Anja's sister Hannah than we've had in the last few books.

In this book we get to see the awkwardness that comes with a new relationship (even if it's technically an old relationship) as well as the ways that Anja and Bishop have grown as individuals.
They've learned from their past mistakes and are determined to make sure they don't repeat them this time.

One of those lessons include Bishop learning that sometimes Anja can take care of herself, whike Anaj learns that its alright to ask for help sometimes.
...............

Lisa Olsen is one of my very favorite authors. I have read everything that's she's written and I have enjoyed every single story. This one is no different.
She has an amazing talent for story telling and a wonderful ability to incorporate old characters in with new characters that will make you love them all.

I read a lot of books. A lot. And one thing I've always been able to do is pick a favorite character. Usually with relative ease. But with Lisa Olsen's books and this series in particular, I have found myself unable at times, of picking a favorite because I love them all so dearly.

If you haven't read this book yet, please do it. It'll make you laugh and it'll probably make you cry...and it will definitely make you angry at times. But I promise you, it will be worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment