Sunday, June 15, 2014

Her Ride by Rachael Orman *INTERVIEW*



Title: Her Ride
Author: Rachael Orman
Genre: Adult Romance
Publication Date: June 2014

Being happy. It sounds so simple. Yet, it seems that it’s always just out of reach for Shannon Ryan.

After serving overseas for six years as a female United States Marine, Ryan is finally getting out the military. But coming home to live with her biker brother and his motorcycle club is more difficult than she thought it would be. Much has changed in the years that she has been gone, including Ellis, her brother’s best friend and childhood crush.

Ellis 'Dirty' Crane is the second in command for Tormented Souls Motorcycle Club. The only thing he lives for is the club, that is until Ryan comes home, no longer the wild little girl that followed him around. The two things standing in his way of getting what he wants are Patrick, Ryan's brother and leader of the club, and Jeremiah, Ryan’s boyfriend.

Can Ellis break through Ryan’s walls? Burn them and Jeremiah down? Prove to her brother that he’s the right man for her? Or is Ryan hiding more than she’s letting on?








~INTERVIEW~

My first question is about you. Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your work? We would all love to hear about you.
Well, I am a stay at home mother of two little girls. I have been through a lot in my life, which I use to draw from when I write. I had cancer when I was 18. I was in the Marines. I got married when I was 20. I had a split family and have a large extended family because of that. I'm a bit of a tomboy with a mile wide stubborn streak but I can also be an emotioal and feminine woman when I want to be.
Question #2 Rachael, what was your inspiration for Her Ride and the characters you write about?
Her Ride was a bit of a personal story for me. It was dedicated to my brother who took his life in January 2014. While the story line itself doesn't take after my brother's life, I used his nakesake and hobbies to bring life to the characters. There is a lot of underlying issues in the book that aren't said outright, but you may pick up on that came from my brothers short life and the choice to end it. I tend to pick heavy subjects to face with my characters since I think it's best to bright hard issues to light even if with fictional characters. Anything that might someday help save someone or show them that there is always hope and love in the world.
Question #3 If you could pick one of your characters to have a lunch date with, who would it be and where would you go/what would you discuss? Ellis. Absolutely. He was one of my favorite characters write. Although I think Gwen (from my first series) would be an interesting date as well. I'd like to discuss reasons they do what they do for those they love and their motivations to not necessarily take the paths well worn by others. What motivates them to not be afraid to be different.
Question #4 I've asked about your books, now I want to know: what is your all time favorite book, when did you first read it, and why do you love it so much? Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff. It's a dark romance and shows that even though life can take hard and unexpected turns, you can still find love and happiness. I read it in 2013.
Question #5 I won't ask your favorite author, because most of us can't pick just one. (Like me and candy.) So, who are some of your favorite authors, and are there any that you consider a mentor? I absolutely adore Jettie. And I think I would have to say Rene Folsom. Both are extremely wonderful people and their writing is absolutely inspirational to me as a writer.
Question #6 Do you have any advice for other writers out there? Maybe something you wish you had known before you wrote your first book? Patience. Persistence. Thick skin. Get a professional editor. It can be a long challenging road to write a book, or it might be a quick whirlwind of flying keys, but either way putting your heart and soul on a page to write a book is hard work. You'll possibly have times when you aren't sure where you are going with your own story but push through.. keep writing, you might have to delete scenes or parts later but it'll help get your brain working and thinking. Be prepared for mean and nasty comments from reviewers as there is ALWAYS going to be some no matter how good your book is. And no matter how many times you read and reread your book, errors wil be left behind so hiring an editor is a good idea. But be forwarned that many people who claim to be editors aren't and may take your money and do a horrible job on your work or not at all so be sure to look into the editor you are planning to go with.
Question #7 Who have been your biggest cheerleaders during your writing process? Who are the ones you have to share your news with, about your books, immediately?
My husband is a big support during my writing even though he doesn't personally read my books (which I'm TOTALLY okay with). I have a couple fans that I email with my story ideas and are the first ones to get their hands on my story when it is ready because they are always the most supportive people (Jacqui, Gina, Verna, Jennifer & a few others who know who they are)
Question #8 Rachael, thank you so much for being here with me this past hour, and for all of your answers! For my final question, I would like to know a story about your life as a writer. It might be a fan who was touched by your work, or a bit of good news you received, a signing you are looking forward to being at, anything you would like.
Everyone asks why I started writing... I think more why I didn't do it earlier! I have love to write since I was younger but was always afraid to share my work with anyone. In fact I got so scared I stopped even putting pen to paper for a few years. Then one day I just had characters that demanded I get their stories down on paper (literally keeping me up with their ideas flowing in my mind) so I started keeping a note pad near my bed to jot them down on. One day I sat down and in less than 30 days had my first novel written.. a couple months later, my second.. a couple months later, my third (which hasn't been published)... and finally Her Ride came to be. I have many other story ideas in my little notebook now and I write as much as I can to get them all out as quickly as I can.
I can say though that I have had certain people that I will always remember that helped me get to where I am. I remember Carey Heywood being one of the first authors to encourage me to write and share my work (she's a total doll). Jade C. Jamison was the first author that was helpful in sharing my author page and showing me that all authors aren't mean to each other. Then I have a mile long list of bloggers that are just amazing to work with and honest (even if it can sting at times, it's greatly appreciated).


Rachael is a stay at home mom with 2 young daughters and a husband that keep her constantly on her toes. She lives in the extremely hot state of Arizona, where she reads and writes away the blistering heat outside. She is a cancer survivor with a quirky personality. She’s been an avid reader for as long as she can remember and been writing since she was in high school. Her hopes of being a writer were crushed when she was young but one day she decided she was going to do what makes her happy and that was to write.


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WriterRachaelOrman?ref=hl

GoodReads Author: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7145471.Rachael_Orman

Amazon Author: http://amzn.to/1iXaIgN


LIVE on May 30!!




No comments:

Post a Comment