Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Review~ Alluring Turmoil by Skye Turner ****


SYNOPSIS:
Alexia Sloane is the twenty-six year old owner of the highly successful Louisiana coffee shop/bakery, Java and Sweeties. The past couple of years have been all she’s dreamed of and her business takes all of her focus, all of her heart. 
Jude Delecroix is the lead singer of one of the most famous rock bands in the country, Bayou Stix, and the man who broke Lexi’s heart. 
Lexi and Jude have a past. 
When Jude comes back to town eight years after leaving to fulfill his lifelong dream of being a famous musician and comes face to face with Lexi, forces collide, old hurts are brought to the surface, and life as these two have been living it will never be the same. 
There are two sides to every story, and what happens when the things you believed to be concrete suddenly crumble like ash and fade away? 
What happens when two people afraid to face the past, become involved in the present? Can they hope for a future?
Welcome to Louisiana where humidity and passion are high and things are not always what they seem. 
***Contains graphic sex and language. Not for young readers.***


I was in love with this book as soon as I started it. I mean who doesn’t love reading about a rock star. I know I do. The story will draw you in and you want be able to put it down.

I admired Alexia. She was a strong and a successful woman. She didn’t let anything get in her way of her dreams and what she wanted. She had some amazing friends as well. I loved that, I mean her friends always took her side and never let her dwell on the bad things. They were always pushing her to stay focused and happy. 

Jude! Wow, do I love that boy. He is strong, sexy and doesn’t back down from what he wants. I couldn’t have loved him anymore, it just wouldn’t be possible. He was amazing. He didn’t push Alexia and just made sure to let her know that he loved her.

I loved Jude and Alexia’s relationship. Watching it grow and having all their old feelings return in full force was amazing. And let me tell you there are a lot of steamy scenes in this book. So make sure you are ready for it. I even cried a few times while reading. I felt so bad for both of them especially at the end of the book when you learn everything. It’s so heartbreaking. So make sure to pick up this steamy romantic read.

BUY THE BOOK:


No comments:

Post a Comment