Monday, January 9, 2017

*Randi's Review* A Perfect Plan (Wiltshire Chronicles Book 1) by Alyssa Drake

****

When I first heard about the book A Perfect Plan: Wiltshire Chronicals book 1 by Alyssa Drake, I was interested in reading it because it sounded like the kind of romance that I usually enjoy.

It starts out like any other typical historical romance...boy meets girl, boy is more “experienced” than the girl (if you know what I mean *wink wink*). We find out that the boy is actually a friend of the girls brother but they haven't seen one another since she was a little girl and obviously she's all grown up now and thinks the boy is roguish and full of himself.

So I'm going along reading this book and enjoying it. There are a couple of places that I felt the phrasing was a little forced, as if the author was trying a little too hard to make it sound a certain way, but overall the story was great, I was hooked and wanted to find out what was going to happen to these two crazy kids. When suddenly I find myself in the middle of a suspenseful mystery as well as a romance and I can't put the book down because I really really really need to know what's going to happen next.

It was a surprising turn of events that I’m exceedingly happy happened because it took what could have been a good story and turned it into a great one.

I'm thankful that I was given the chance to read this story and I can't wait to find out what happens in the next book.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars


Samantha Hastings lived a quiet, peaceful life on her family’s country estate. With no man to order her around and no stifling society rules to follow, she considered herself blessed. However, when her brother’s ship sinks during a short trip to France, Samantha receives a request from her sister-in-law to return to town and manage the late Earl’s finances. Suddenly thrust into society, Samantha faces an unfamiliar world and a pair of very familiar green eyes.
Lord Benjamin Westwood never intended on following through with his rash promise to his best friend. Now, with Edward’s death, Benjamin becomes the unwilling guardian to Edward’s bratty little sister, who has grown up considerably since the last time they met. His intention to marry her off to the first available suitor is thwarted when he finds himself falling for Samantha’s unique demeanor. He lights upon the perfect plan; a marriage of convenience, giving him the opportunity to romance Samantha without distraction.
However, when they discover Edward’s disappearance was due to foul play, Benjamin’s perfect plan begins to quickly unravel. Now, Samantha is in more danger than either of them realized and Benjamin is running out of time.
BUY LINK: AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment