Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Wild Abandon by Jeannine Colette

WILD ABANDON by Jeannine Colette
 Adult Contemporary Romance
Cover Designed by: Okay Creations
Scheduled to release: May 24, 2016



BLURB:
When you fall in-love it’s forever
But sometimes forever comes with a price.

I never meant to meet Nathaniel Teller. It was by accident, on a Tuesday, that I walked into his bar. He was solemn, intense and hiding a secret behind those stoic green eyes.

I never intended to fall in-love with him. We were supposed to be just friends. But I fell for him hard, deep. There’s no turning back.

I never thought his past would be so dark. And if I thought I had any chance of being in his future, I was wrong. Because his past is his future.


And I need to walk away.


EXCERPT

He is about to take a shot. His eyes lose focus, and he stands and looks at me. “Why him?”

I tilt my head at Nate. I don’t know if they’re reflective of the green felt of the pool table, but right now, his eyes are so piercing and mesmerizing. I swear, he can see right through me.

“Why was he worthy of a second date?” he asks.

I open my mouth to answer but close it for fear that I’ll say something wrong.

Why Brent? Because he’s emotionally available. Because he has the perfect career and a full head of hair and loves cats and classical music and is lukewarm to sports.

And, most importantly, because the man I really want to be interested in me is with someone else.

“He checks all the boxes.” My voice is low.

Nate’s chest rises with a deep breath. His eyes are stone cold and scorching hot all at once. He is so far away, yet I can feel his exhale on my skin.

With his eyes still on mine, Nate takes a step back from the table. “He has a lot of money. He can take care of you.”

I nod my head. “Yes.”

Nate takes a few steps, slow and steady, toward the corner of the table in my direction. His eyes curve in question, yet their focus never leaves mine.

“He was married. Probably ready to settle down again. Start a family.”

I nod again.

Even closer, he places his pool stick on the table. I have no idea what his mission is, but it’s making my palms sweat and my breathing erratic.

“Did he tell you that you’re beautiful?”

My breath hitches, and I nod my head again. Nate is now just a few inches from me. His gaze is hard and stern on mine.

“He’s an idiot. He should have told you that you’re fucking gorgeous.” His words are hypnotic, but the tone he delivers them in is rough, raw.

“That wasn’t a requirement. I don’t need a man to tell me I’m pretty.”

“I know what your boxes are. He is the perfect guy for you. That’s why I have to know…”

Nate’s chest is now flush with mine, his forehead bowing down to meet mine, and I lose all air from my lungs.

“Why are you here with me and not with him?”

I swallow hard. “Because he’s not you.”


THE ABANDON COLLECTION
A series of stand-alone novels featuring dynamic heroines who have to abandon their reality in order to discover themselves . . . and love along the way.

Each story features a new couple, an exciting new city and a rose of a different color.


CHECK OUT THESE NOVELS BY JEANNINE COLETTE
RECKLESS ABANDON
PURE ABANDON

Jeannine Colette is a television producer, writer, mother, and philanthropist.

A graduate of Wagner College and the New York Film Academy, Jeannine went on to become a Segment Producer for television shows on CBS and NBC. She currently freelances in the television industry while attending to her children and pursuing her writing career. She lives in New York with her husband, the two tiny people she adores more than life itself, and a rescue pup named Wrigley.

Jeannine and her family are active supporters of The March of Dimes and the Hearing Health Foundation.

SOCIAL MEDIA
FaceBook @JeannineColette
Twitter @JeannineColett
Instagram @JeannineColette


No comments:

Post a Comment