Saturday, February 13, 2016

Nameless by Jessica Sorensen *Verna's Review*

* A dystopian/romance/mystery
Nameless

Synopsis

I live in a world where freedom doesn't exist, and life is a battle for survival. Most people aren't even allowed to have names.
But I had a name once. I was Allura until the Wardens captured me.
They told me I was a Nameless. That I was no one, and my sole purpose was to obey them. And, for a while, I believed them.
I spent years living underground in the channels beneath the city, dreaming of being outside again. I never thought it would happen. That I'd die in the darkness of my cell.
But then three guys show up in the channels and my fate suddenly changes.
Blaise, Ryder, and Reece are part of a secret group working to take down the Wardens and help rescue the Nameless. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I might survive.
But the outside world isn't like how I remember. The city has become even more dangerous, especially for the Nameless. To survive, I'll have to learn how to trust the guys and live in a world full of crime where almost everyone is hunting for me.

*****
Nameless by Jessica Sorensen is an exciting, suspenseful, and intoxicating story that will own you from the very beginning. As soon as I started I couldn’t put it down. I was captivated by the characters and their journey. There isn’t one dull moment in the whole book, it’s exhilarating.

Allura is such a wonderful character. I love the fact that regardless what is happening to her and what has happened, she still has fight in her. She never gives in to the darkness pulling her under; she goes in blazing and always comes back out. My heart was so constricted with all that she endures. It’s heartbreaking.

When she meets Blaise, Ryder, and Reece you are going to fall in love with each of them. They are beyond wonderful and three characters you won’t be forgetting. Each one of them is unique and I can’t wait to learn more about all of them. But I have to say my favorite is Blaise! He will own your heart, he sure did mine. I couldn’t help but want him and Allura to just fall madly in love and live happily ever after, but of course that’s not how it goes.

Just be prepared for the ending, you will be blown away! I was left with so many questions when the book ended. I am beyond ready for book 2.

So if you enjoy a book that is full of adventure, emotion and unique this is the book for you.

I give Nameless by Jessica Sorensen FIVE out of FIVE GRIM STARS!!



Purchase Broken City #1

No comments:

Post a Comment