Saturday, November 29, 2014

Counting Stars by Alannah Carbonneau ~Randi's Review~ *****




Counting Stars, by Alannah Carbonneau, Is a book about a woman, Reese, that found love at a young age, and then lost her husband to a tragic event. Needing help to move on and overcome the grief that lingers she decides to take a wilderness tour to learn how to survive in the mountains for 1 month. But when the woman, Gracie Donnelley, that was going to be her guide can’t make it, she sends her son, Logan, in her place.
They butt heads from the moment they meet, so how will they survive a month on a mountain with only each other for company?
I have to be honest, I feel completely in love with this story. It was well written and the character development was fantastic. After reading it, I felt like I knew these people and I wanted to be a part of the Donnelley family.
You would think that a story set in the mountain with only two people would focus solely on those two people, but that wasn’t the case. We get to learn, not just about Reese, but about her life before she lost her husband as well as about her best friend/neighbor Kat and her family. We also get to know Logan, and his family, including all his brothers and his parents.
There aren’t enough good things that I can say about this book. It’s steamy without being over the top or taking away from the story, and the story itself is relatable and touching and so well told.
This was the first book by Alannah Carbonneau that I have read, but after reading it I can guarantee that it won’t be the last.
I’m giving this a 5 out of 5 stars and I highly recommend it to others.



Goodreads 

Amazon 


Blog 

Twitter 

Facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment