Monday, October 28, 2019

Roping Your Heart by Fabiola Francisco *Excerpt*


Roping Your Heart by Fabiola Francisco is so close to releasing. Small town, friends-to-lovers romance with a sexy cowboy. While you wait to hold Axel in your hands, read this excerpt! 

E X C E R P T:
I scrub my face as I walk into the dark kitchen. 
“Shit.” 
“What the…” I squeeze my eyes shut when the lights go on. “Fuck?” 
“You scared the living shit out of me.” I squint one eye open and see Lia tense, standing by the microwave. 
“What are you doing in here?” I rub my eyes and catch the time on the microwave—three-twenty-seven in the morning. 
“I couldn’t sleep. You?” I blink my eyes rapidly, adjusting to the light. 
“Same.” I clear my throat when the words come out hoarse. With a final squeeze, I open my eyes fully, and I stop moving. Lia’s wearing a thin t-shirt and pajama shorts. Hello, Lia’s nipples. I lean against the counter, and  discreetly adjust myself. 
“Do you want tea?” Lia crosses her arms over her chest and lifts a brow. 
“Sorry, what?” 
She lifts her mug as much as she can while keeping her chest covered. “Tea.” 
“Oh, no.” I shake my head. “I don’t drink that. I’m a man, for goodness sake.”
“Oooh-kay, macho man. Tea isn’t gender-divided.” She rolls her eyes and turns around, giving me a peek of her asscheeks at the bottom of her shorts. I close my eyes and throw my head back, holding in my groan. 
“Are you okay?” She turns around with a smirk, her eyes not hiding the fact that she’s taking in my naked chest. 
“Are you?” I toss back, raising a brow. 
“Yup.” She clears her throat. “I was going to head back to my room anyway.” 
I grab the cereal box from the pantry and the milk from the fridge, brushing against her as I open a cupboard to grab a bowl. Lia shivers but stands her ground. 
“Do you want cereal?” I lift the box. 
“No, thanks,” she shakes her head. “You’re crazy to eat that at this time. I’d never go back to sleep.” She blows the steam rising from her mug, her lips drawing me in as they purse together. 
Lifting my gaze from her lips, I take a seat on one of the stools and serve myself cereal before I have her as a midnight snack. The past week of living together has been an interesting experience. Thankfully, we both work long hours, or else the tension in the house would be doubled. 
Lia stares at me as I eat, standing on the other side of the kitchen. “You can sit down, you know?” 
“I was going to leave,” she shakes her head.
“Sit,” I tilt my head toward the stool to my right. She sighs and walks over, taking a seat. “Do you want a bite?” I hold out the spoon because she keeps staring at my bowl. 
“No, thanks.” Her nose scrunches up. She looks beautiful with her hair all messed up and a slight smile on her lips. It’s as if she doesn’t even realize that she’s always smiling. 
“Tomorrow is going to be a pain to wake up,” she glances over at the time. 
“You mean today,” I tease. 
“Ugh, yeah. When I got bored of tossing and turning, I came into the kitchen with the hope that the tea would make me sleepy. It’s not working, and now, I’m hungry watching you eat that.” Her eyes are glued to my bowl, her tea long forgotten. 
I scoop up a spoonful and hold it out. “Come on,” I urge her on. “If you’re not going to be able to go back to sleep, you might as well eat what you want.” She leans in, wrapping her lips around the spoon and takes the bite. Thoughts of her lips wrapped around something else swim in my head. 
“That is good,” she leans over the counter and grabs two napkins. Her shirt rises a bit, exposing her back, and her ass is in my face. My self-control is slowly slipping.

— ©2019, Fabiola Francisco

Releasing 11.14.19

No comments:

Post a Comment