Friday, September 30, 2016

*Randi's Review* Teach Me To Live by Alannah Carbonneau



All I can do is wish for one more day…
to fall in love with you. 

Madison Avery is the poster child for obedience. Ruled by anxiety and fear, she never expected Austin Weir. Everything about the tattooed blue-eyed boy shatters every well-configured law in the Avery house. 

Teaching Madison to live, Austin breaks through the prison of her anxiety. They spend the summer taking chances, making memories and falling in love. 

But love has no comprehension of time. It doesn’t fade when summer bleeds into fall and time ends. Love, like life, must continue. 

Madison learns that love doesn’t exist within time. It is endless and unfading and heartbreaking. 

But one lesson is learned: Love is living without regret.

Love is life. 

*****

I've made no secret to the fact that I love Alannah Carbonneau. I have yet to read a book that she has written that I didn't like, and Teach Me To Live is no different. I loved this story.

Madison is the kind of girl that I can relate to. She always wanted to do what she thought would make others (her parents) happy, even at the risk of doing what she actually wanted herself. Mostly because she wasn't even sure what it was that she wanted or how to go about getting it.
I can understand that because I have always been the same way.
I've always played it safe, and now looking back there are times that I wish I had acted differently. Had more fun, and been a little crazy.

That's where Austin comes in for Madison.
He's the guy that tries to live each day to the fullest and make the most out of life because you never know how long you are going to get that chance.
He shows Madison that living life isn't all about keeping everyone else happy, but about making sure that you are happy too.

I don't want to give away spoilers, but I will say that this book wasn't exactly what I had expected, but I mean that in the best possible way. Because it was better than I could have thought.
It made me happy and angry and sad and then right back to happy again. This is one of those rare books that covers all the bases, and deserves to be read and thoroughly enjoyed.

I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars and I urge you to read it as soon as you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment