Wednesday, August 6, 2014

~Author Spotlight~ Jake Malden


Jake Malden is a freelance journalist and writer based in London. He has been experimenting with erotica both on the page and off for some years and has a growing number of titles available on Smashwords. His interests, aside from the staringly obvious, are theatre, cinema, literature, fitness-training and travel (particularly back to his native Ireland). He is an enthusiast of juicing, in every possible sense.



1. What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

The toughest criticism was of my first draft of 'The Jared Effect' - pointers included too many adjectives/adverbs, confusing dual narrative and lack of narrative tension. It was a brutal but necessary introduction to using a beta reader. The best compliment was my stories reflect real life and are hotter as a result. I like to think that's true.


2. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?


My stories are a combination of real life experience and imagination. The real life provides the passion and the imaginative elements shape the narrative. It's up to readers to guess which parts reflect the reality...


3. Can you tell us about your upcoming releases? If you have any


My latest release is 'Twenty-One', the latest in my series of Gavin McClain stories. It's a rites of passage tale with the heroine crossing paths with the dark and dangerous Mr McClain on a significant birthday. Hopefully I'll have a very raunchy summertime tale coming out before the end of August, titled 'Jenna and Celeste in the Movies'.


4. What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

Sleep holds great appeal for me right now. But in my moments of lucidity, I love cinema, theater and the gym. One day I'll travel again - when time allows.


5. You have multiple personalities, describe some of them

I do? Ehhh - there's the stressed writer, he figures a lot these days. Then there's the eternal struggle between the nice guy and the bad boy. Once again you can guess - as to which of those wins out.


6. What made you decide to write your first book?

A roleplay fantasy with a girlfriend. She suggested afterwards that it had been so vivid that I write it down. I did and the rest is now in print.


7. Do you have any strange writing habits?

I'm a time-writer. I set an alarm and aim to have so many words down in an hour. The results can be wildly creative or they can require vast amounts for redrafting. Or both.


8. If you could cast your characters in a Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play what characters?

I'd select my novel 'The Tempting of Neely J'. Isla Fisher would play the lovely Neely, with Jamie Dornan as arch-seducer Ray and Luke Evans as the morally compromised Danny.


9. Who are the authors that inspire you?


Right now Stephen King - for a number of reasons, but chiefly his totally convincing narrative voice and the ease with which he spins a story. I also like that he can take the most fantastic tale and ground it in everyday details to make it convincing. His novel 11/22/63 is a case in point.


10. Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?

Embrace the fantasy and enjoy the ride.




http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=Jake%20Malden&search-alias=digital-text&sort=relevancerank



http://www.amazon.com/The-Jared-Effect-Jake-Malden-ebook/dp/B00937W9UK



https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jakemalden1



https://twitter.com/JakeMalden1



https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jake-Malden/414702525328393?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment