Monday, February 24, 2014

Review~ The Company of Shadows by Lisa Olsen *****



Cady Garrett can't help but be shaken when next door neighbor, Ethan, shows up in the nick of time to save her from a ruthless killer, spouting mumbo jumbo. Even more disturbed when the killer slits his own throat to escape Ethan after a vicious struggle. Curiously, Ethan insists on leaving before the dead killer returns, even though he can barely stand on his feet. Nursing him back to health, Cady is drawn into a world of half truths and mysteries, where shadows hide more than the seedy underbelly of San Francisco's Tenderloin district. She has become the obsession of a darker power, and no one, not even Ethan, can keep her safe from his twisted desires.

BUY THE BOOK:

AMAZON

Barnes And Noble


FOLLOW THE AUTHOR


~VEDA'S REVIEW~

The Company Of Shadows was my kind of book. It gave me my fill of paranormal awesomeness but also left me wanting more. I was pulled in immediately. "Need. Not wants or desires, but need drove Asherik to seek the company of Shadows. The sunlight didn't pain him in a physical sense, but he preferred the darkness. All manner of interesting things grew bolder under the cover of night, all driven by need." We start off inside the mind of Ashrick, a demon who has a need to feed. The need to feed off of peoples terror, pain, lust and the corruption of innocence. Flesh, when the mood strikes. So we can pretty much guess that he's our bad guy, right? Then why did I feel sorry for him? He was created, by whom, we don't know. He didn't ask to feel this need, this hunger to feed, to survive. I love the fact that I don't know what to make of him yet. Keeps it interesting. We meet Cady and her friends, Penny and Kelli, on a girls night out to the bar. Cady is a 19 year old spitfire! She's quick witted with a sassy personality, independent, smart and resourceful. Above all else she is good hearted and you will fall in love with her. A little pushy at times but laced with humor. Oh, I can't forget, she likes to say "balls" when in a sticky situation. Makes me chuckle every time! We meet Ethan when Cady's friends decide she needs to get laid... they decide to choose her potential suitor and Ethan was the target. Ethan is a bit closed off. He's our good guy in this story, despite that, you're not sure if he's completely good, he has a darkness to him and he's full of secrets. I must say, he's got potential to be an awesome book boyfriend, Lisa has a way of making you fall for her characters. Ethan and Cady make a great duo, between the sexual tension and snarky banter, I couldn't get enough of them. She's a Spitfire who likes to push, he's closed off but, might just open up for her. He's not allowed to have a relationship, definitely not fall in love, and she's never been in love. The book is fast paced and action scenes are great. The only thing I didn't love was the fact that I didn't get enough background on the company. I would have also liked to have a little more background on Ethan as well, I didn't get enough of either. That being said, this is only the first book in the series, and im sure the books to come will give us more background for both. The book was fantastic and I recommend it to anyone who loves a good paranormal romance. I give The Company of Shadows 5 Stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment